imos iX accompanies manufacturers of furniture and interior furnishings from sales through planning, presentation and construction to production. The branch-specific 3D construction tools are linked with modern machines and new communication platforms. Individual furniture or complex interior design concepts can thus be realized cost-effectively. Detail accuracy and consistency guarantee more safety in the manufacturing process. The modular structure allows for a gradual introduction.
Direct to the Point of Sale
With internet-based presentation and ordering systems, imos iX offers innovative E-commerce B2B and B2C solutions. Businesses looking to trade online and reach a broader market place now have the ability to offer fully customisable products that their customers can configure and order instantly, cutting down on your design to production lead time.
imos PLAN iX, a desktop planning solution for the sales professional is available in addition to the online applications. PLAN Link is the associated web service that updates the catalogues and transmits the sales orders to the factory from any remote sales office or showroom.
Involvement throughout the design process
Designers and their clients can work together and exchange ideas online leading to the success of the final project. The range of imos iX applications allow seamless communication between customers and the design and production teams, delivering a customer focused planning result while allowing different editing possibilities throughout the process. The final result can be presented digitally through augmented or virtual reality either in the showroom or at the customers home.
- Web based space planning, presentation and ordering system
- Simple 3D configurator for customisable products
- Augmented reality applications for Android and iOS devices
- HD visuals using cloud based rendering technology
QUICK AND EASY
Simple 3D parametric design
Individual pieces of furniture or entire rooms are designed and presented impressively in a very short space of time. Architectural elements such as such walls, floors, windows and doors are used to represent real world environments. Additionally imos iX uses production data in the form of materials, finishes, profiles and hardware to digitally construct furniture assemblies. Ready for further presentation, analysis and manufacture.
Fast implementation of design changes and revisions
Due to the parametric approach to design, furniture details or entire assemblies can be changed, re calculated and updated at any time. The relevant setting out, detail and production drawings behave associatively and are re-generated automatically from the modified 3D model. With a mouse click, parts and production list and even CNC data are immediately produced.
iX Order & Design
- Parametric and free design in imos CAD iX
- Industry-specific design assistants including
- Fast implementation of construction changes
- Intelligent selection and positioning of fittings
- Output of BoM, assembly, production and cutting lists
- Automatic and manual generation of 2D and 3D drawings
- HD visualisation using AutoCAD rendering engine
A CROSS LINKED PLATFORM
Directly to the Machine
Sending production data from imos CAD iX or the online configurators directly to the machine is quick and easy. The imos iX software automatically generates the CNC programs for all common machine manufacturers. Intelligent workflows automate the panel processing from cutting and milling centres to edge banding and secondary processing stations. Customised production workflows allows users to streamline the manufacturing processes.
Production Reports and NC data
In addition, alternative production processes can be mapped to create flexibility ensuring there is more than one fast, secure and economical production workflow.
- Production lists and NC data directly from imos CAD iX
- Control of production systems and CNC machines from industry leading suppliers
- Automatic tool and drill allocation
- Unique part identification using barcode labels
- Integrated cutting optimisation and nesting
- Efficient 5-axis programming including toolpath simulation
- Multi-machine operations using intelligent workflows.
Data from the Cloud
Data Service for Suppliers
iFurn is a data service specifically tailored to the needs of the furniture industry. Established suppliers upload their CAD and product data into the cloud via iFurn so that it can be made easily available to imos CAD iX users during the specification and design process.
Offline & Online
Design catalogues available Offline and Online
The iFurn cloud service supports imos iX users in the selection and application of materials and fittings. Together with manufacturers and distributors from the furniture supply industry, comprehensive catalogues with intelligent hardware, materials, profiles and fittings are available. These are routinely updated and can be called up at any time via the Design Catalogue within imos CAD iX or the online data portal.
- Intelligent data used consistently from Sales through to Design and Production
- Supplier derived data ensures accuracy and peace of mind
- Data includes accurate 3D solid models and associated machining processes
- Software analysis of the construction determines the most appropriate fittings for any given situation and ensures only suitable alternatives are provided
CONNECTIONS MADE EASY
Integration of systems instead of additional interfaces
The integration centre professionally combines the design and production data from imos iX with external systems such as ERP, MES or sales systems simply, quickly and efficiently. Configuring instead of programming is the rationale here. The data generated by imos iX is transferred to the connected systems for further processing and / or vice versa.
AUTOMATIC DATA EXCHANGE
With technology as standard
"iBots" are the integration centres building blocks that can be assembled into various chains that organize and automate the exchange of data between different programs and IT systems. Error logging and monitoring simplifies the implementation of the system with error analysis.
- Data exchange
- Process automation
- Multi-process management
- Process monitoring
- Standardized interfaces (ERP, MES, etc.)